lunes, 11 de septiembre de 2017

Matug Aborawi; Mentor,Artist and Guide. By Martha Little



The american writer Martha Little. Granada 2014

 Matug Aborawi is an old friend and mentor of mine, of whom I have great admiration and respect. For me, Matug is a true artist, the way Picasso or Hemingway were true artists: they live and bleed their art. He taught me to create from my heart. There is no greater gift you can give a soul. Matug's work bleeds and sings and cries its existence. There is no boundary between him and his work. He has that and more to give.





The sun is setting over my tired belly
My mother is this ravaged parched earth
My belly is empty and the sun looks like a balloon
Daddy's arms flapping small while my mother sings
The waves are taking our men away
The waves are taking our souls away

I go to the edge of the churning water
It brings shells and pearls and bodies
Sometimes there is something I need
Like a piece of string or once I found a wedding ring
But now it's taking our songs away
My belly is tired and the waves are taking them away

"What's on the other side?"
"Hush baby that's our hope where the sun goes down"
"Why is it taking my papa?"
"Hush child your papa rides the waves of our hope"
Her song is quiet now and I heard her cry
Then a low wail and I shivered into her body
I want to run to the waves to say goodbye
But my belly is tired and my mother is this red earth.

Poem by; Martha Little, USA Poet, resident in Granada Spain



El sol descansa sobre mi fatigado vientre
Mi madre es esta desolada y reseca tierra
Mi vientre está vacío y el sol semeja un globo
Mientras, mi padre levemente boga y mi madre canta
Las olas alejan a nuestros hombres
Las olas se llevan nuestras almas
Camino hasta el borde del agua turbulenta
Donde conchas, perlas y cuerpos emergen
A veces, encuentro algo que necesito Como cordeles, incluso un anillo de boda
Pero ahora lanza nuestras canciones lejos
Mi vientre desfallece, y las olas les lanzan lejos

“¿Qué hay en la otra orilla?”
“Calla niño, nuestra esperanza se encuentra por donde el sol se pone"

"¿Por qué se lleva a mi papá?"

"Calla, niño, tu papá monta las olas de nuestra esperanza"
Su canción se relajó, y escuché su quejido



Entonces un gemido emergió, y temblé en su cuerpo
Quiero correr hasta las olas para decir adiós
Pero mi vientre desfallece, y mi madre es esta tierra roja.

Martha Lettle; Poetisa norte american, residente en Granada,España.